Industry 4.0 & Social Media Marketing & Management
Lecture and class discussion, case studies, presentations, team work, individual reading, exercises.
Prof. Dr. Tim Goydke
- Unit 1: Claus Michael Sattler
- Unit 2: Dr. Mihaela Jucan
Upon successful completion of this seminar the student will be able to:
- Understand the drivers and enablers of Industry 4.0
- Appreciate the smartness in Smart Factories, Smart cities, smart products and smart services
- Outline the various systems used in a manufacturing plant and their role in an Industry 4.0 world
- Understand the underlying principles of using Social Media to engage with clients and target audience
- Formulate an action plan that combines the key Social Media Networks and tools
- Effectively create compelling content to increase your online presence
- Develop story telling lines for social media strategies
- Employ social media to spread information
Overall, this module will cover the following EAM programme learning outcomes: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 18.
Unit 1 “Industry 4.0”: The term “Industry 4.0” refers to the combination of several major innovations in digital technol-ogy that are poised to transform the manufacturing sectors. From advanced robotics and machine learning to software-as-a-service and the Industrial Internet of Things, these changes enable a powerful new way of organizing global opera-tions. The course introduces and discusses new business models and forms of operations that are currently being ena-bled by technological innovations such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). This course is intended to enable stu-dents to deploy Industrial Internet of Things technologies to obtain greater value from businesses by diagnosing the states of systems, measuring activities appropriately, and overcoming cultural obstacles to deployment of productive technologies.
Unit 2 “Social Media Marketing and Management”: The knowledge of traditional marketing is adapted to this new world, the social media world. Students will learn how to use efficiently and professionally social media and understand how marketing has developed because of the rise of social media and changes in different underlying contextual fac-tors. We will inform you about the development of social media and social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn and Xing and how to post at the right time, the right content on these networks in order to achieve maximum results. This course will enable you to obtain a clear perspective on what’s happening in the social and digital marketing in order to appreciate its true value to consumers and organization stakeholders. Furthermore, we will show you the differences and characteristics between generations X, Y (Millenials) and Generation Z. This seminar aims to show you, both personally and professionally, how agile and interactive social media can make your life more efficient. Last but not least, you will learn about the digital trends of the future and gain relevant knowledge, perspec-tives and practical skills required in this new digitalized world.
The current literature list will be given to the students at the beginning of the course.
Claus Michael Sattler
Dr. Mihaela Jucan
Social Media Marketing & Mangement